Sunday, 24 November 2013
Much like most of you reading this, I have written this post not because it will be graded or examined but to introduce myself and this blog with something to look at, rather than a blank page with "No Posts" staring you in the face.

I figured since this blog is about social media I should work out what breed of social media user I am. From my research there are many form and this image Social Media Breeds breaks it down for you (its pretty big so I thought I better not clutter my new, tidy blog and link it instead). From this like many people as it seems, I'm a "Lurker", hiding in the shadows of cyberspace.
By birth, and no fault of my own, I'm a "millennial" or "Gen Y", not happy about that. However, my parents are part of the "Silent Generation", so I figure since most of my mates come from "Baby Boomers", we can use simple maths average it out and just say I am Gen X, they have a better reputation. Maybe in time I can convince people of this idea. I do have many traits of a millennial and I think I am going to have to accept it.


Essentially I don't think social media is a new idea, it is just more accessible on a larger scale. The expansion of social media has benefits and disadvantages which I'm sure I will understand more in the upcoming weeks.

That's enough dribble, come back for something more in depth next week. Until then, what social media breed are you?

Duncan

Another rambling complete

Newer Post
This is the last post.

0 comments